Fall is the time when many homeschoolers start their schooling in earnest. But with the cool Fall weather, and fun things to do, you don’t want school to get too dreary.
These apple math crafts will be perfect for encouraging learning in a fun and exciting way for your preschool, Kindergarten, and early elementary age. Many of these games can be used/played with multiple age groups and grade levels!
1. Love these apple patterns – early math skills for toddlers and preschoolers involve pattern recognition. See the details for how they made these at Mamas Like Me.
2. Another great pattern recognition game, I love this set up from Tutus and Tea Parties which includes colors as well as apple designs into the pattern.
3. This great activity is from a favorite website, No Time for Flash Cards and uses skittles for a fun sorting and counting apple tree math game.
4. I love that this can be a competitive subtraction game with parents or siblings – great way to keep kids engaged and interested in math. See the full suggested rules of this game at Kids Matter.
5. These toilet paper tube apple trees are super easy to make but by using the paper clips they are hands on, interactive games that can be repurposed for multiple activities! Great idea by B Inspired Mama!
6. Really cute idea on using dice as the driving force for this math game – You can have multiple boards, one for each child, and make it a competitive game. Or just a fun learning activity. See how to make it at Mamas Like Me.
7. Kids can help decorate these apples for this giant apple tree math activity and it can become a variety of math games depending on age and learning level. See details at My Kids Make.
8. Love this hand’s on math game using play dough crafts to help create the apple trees. See the full scoop at Learning 4 Kids.
9. OK we’ve seen a couple apple TREE games for homeschoolers, but this one uses apple seeds! SO Smart. Check out the details and a full apple unit study at Tutus and Tea Parties.
10. This is a great free apple printables activity sheet to use in the suggested math activities in some of the above games listed on the other websites. Visit and download the free apple activity sheets from Boy Mama Teacher Mama.
Which game will you try with your family first?